Anger Management Counselling Gold Coast
Managing emotions in a heightened state can be difficult when you’re running on a short fuse. Anger is a normal human emotion and it’s natural that everyone feels anger on some scale at various times. However, when it comes to a stage that anger is not controlled or reoccurring to the point that it’s causing conflict within your relationships, it can cause distress to yourself and others around you. When built up anger and frustration go unchecked, it can become unhealthy.
Negative and positive emotions makes everyone human. Managing anger doesn’t mean that you will never get angry, but instead it’s about how you handle those intensified emotions and your behaviours. Anger management is a skill that you can be learnt and developed.
Signs of anger management issues may include
- Angry outbursts
- Feeling intense rage
- Becoming easily irritated
- Noticing that small issues flare up your frustration
- Feeling regret for things you have said or done in the heat of the moment
- Projecting or transferring your feelings onto others
- Venting to the wrong people
- Racing thoughts, breathing and/or shaking
- Clenched or tensed muscles
- Increased heartrate or blood pressure
- Abuse towards others or self-abuse
Understanding the root causes of your anger will allow you to identify your triggers, building strategies and coping mechanisms that work for you as an individual. At Well Life Counselling, our approach is to help you find those reasons that may be impacting unwanted behaviours, working with you to develop steps to overcome pent up anger and underlying issues in parallel.